In 2018, Kyiv will host UEFA Champions League Men's and Women's finals. One of the key issues that active young people are interested in today is the opportunity to become a volunteer for this extraordinary event. Oksana Lesyk, Coordinator of the Volunteer Program of the Champions League Final, speaks about the long-awaited start of the volunteer program and the main criteria for the candidates.
- Already all are accustomed to the fact that in the organization of any serious event, the event is assisted by volunteers. Will future Champions League finals be the exception?
- Experience of hosting Euro 2012 in Ukraine and Poland was a great impetus for the formation of a volunteering culture in our country. In general, big events almost always runs with the help of volunteers. Of course, the Champions League Final, which will be held in Kyiv in May 2018, will not be an exception. This is an important event not only for the sports world, but also an opportunity for our country to demonstrate its hospitality and a high level of organization.
- In particular, how many people do we need to be involved in the Volunteer programme and what is the selection criteria?
- In the middle of November Volunteer programme will start officially. The application process will be opened for the candidates to assist in the Women's Champions League final, which will be held on May 25 at Valeriy Lobanovsky's Dynamo Stadium and on May 26 at the NSC "Olympic" on the "Dynamo" stadium. However, the work will not be limited only to stadiums, there will be many other locations. In general, we need 550 people. Important requirements, among others are age over 18, fluency in Ukrainian and English.
I would like highlight that before the general selection of candidates, we are looking for volunteers-recruiters who will help throughout the process in search of the required number of people. Therefore, if you have an experience in recruiting, the desire to join the team from the very beginning and see the whole process from the inside, send your resume by November 15 to the email address - email@example.com. The only request is to read in detail the requirements.
- What will be the general process of selection of volunteers?
- A site dedicated to the topic of volunteers will soon be launched, where all the information will be detailed, where you will need to fill out a special application form on a link on the official website of the UEFA. This process, as I said, will begin in November and last for about two months. Among the prospects for choosing future candidates, of course, will be the presence of volunteer experience, but this is not a compulsory and determinative factor - we are waiting for all motivated people. The main thing is the desire and personal qualities of the candidate. Afterwards, future volunteers will have to pass face-to-face interviews, then to be assigned to specific roles and trained accordingly.
What kind of experience do future volunteers get and why, in your opinion, is it interesting and useful?
- I can say without exaggeration that the experience is unique, and my personal example is a great confirmation. In 2011-2012, I was working on preparation of the Euro-2012 Final as a recruiter, which in the future became my profession. In general, for volunteering people are a great opportunity to see with their own eyes and join the organization of a truly great event in European and world standards.
It's an opportunity to help others, make new acquaintances, find new friends, build a career and much more. Volunteers have big responsibility of presenting our country, demonstrating its hospitality to those who visit Final sports celebrations. All members of the Volunteer programme will also receive certificates of gratitude for participating in the volunteer program of the Champions League finals.Print version
Знайшов помилку? Виділи її та натисни CTRL+Enter.